The Coastal Community Foundation, Leichtag Foundation and Rancho Santa Fe Foundation were honored to come together to launch the North County COVID-19 Response Fund in March 2020. Today, our region is presented with an unprecedented public health crisis. The accelerating scale of COVID-19 and its ripple effects are hitting at-risk community members already at the brink of not being able to make ends meet especially hard. The situation called for a coordinated, streamlined response.
What the Fund Provides
Frontlines nonprofits received emergency resources to aid thousands of local residents who were suddenly unemployed, unable to pay rent, and without food. Isolated seniors, immigrants, hourly workers, and military families were among those served.
Distance learning has exacerbated challenges faced by families lacking resources for alternate care and access to technology. Children are home alone, raising serious concerns for safety and academic progress. Grants to distance learning programs have enabled children to learn in safe, supervised spaces with technology, healthy meals and snacks.
To date, the Fund has granted $749,170 to 36 frontline nonprofits. Grantees are listed below.
Where Your Donations Will Go
One hundred percent of donations to the North County COVID-19 Response Fund go to nonprofits helping those in need due to COVID-19. Funds are granted on a rolling basis as fundraising continues.
How to Contribute to the Fund
- Click on our donate button and select the Fund for your donation purpose.
- Mail a check (made payable to RSF Foundation and in the memo line please indicate North County COVID-19 Response Fund) to our mailing address: Rancho Santa Fe Foundation, P.O. Box 811, Rancho Santa Fe Foundation CA 92067
- Donate from your existing fund at RSF Foundation by using our DonorCentral portal.
- Contact staff if you have questions.
- The Fund grants committee is comprised of professional and volunteer leaders of Coastal Community Foundation, Leichtag Foundation, and Rancho Santa Fe Foundation. The committee proactively evaluates the most pressing and anticipated community needs and provides support accordingly.
- Grant amounts will depend on organizational and community needs as well as resources available in the Fund.
- The Fund is not able to grant to individuals.
- The North County COVID-19 Response Fund will complement additional resources available to regional organizations.
If you have further questions, please email our staff.
Grantees from the Fund
As of December 31st, the North County COVID-19 Response Fund has granted $764,170 to the following nonprofits.
Armed Services YMCA, Camp Pendleton
Alliance San Diego, Immigrant Relief Fund
Blue Star Families
Boys and Girls Clubs of Carlsbad
Boys and Girls Clubs of Oceanside
Boys and Girls Clubs of San Marcos
Boys and Girls Clubs of Vista
Bread of Life – Rescue Mission
Casa de Amistad
Casa de Amparo
Center for Community Solutions
Community Resource Center
Coastal Roots Farm
CSU San Marcos
FarmWorkers CARE Coalition (a program of Vista Community Clinic)
Feeding San Diego (North County)
Foundation for Women Warriors
Healthy Day Partners
Hope through Housing Foundation
Interfaith Community Services
Just In Time for Foster Youth
Kitchens for Good
North County Food Bank
North County Immigration and Citizenship Center
North County Lifeline
North County LGBTQ Resource Center
Mira Costa College Foundation
San Diego Oasis
Support the Enlisted Project (STEP)
The Salvation Army, North County San Diego
United Way Worker’s Assistance Fund – North County Support
Vista Community Clinic
Women’s Resource Center
Wounded Warrior Homes
About the Collaborative:
Coastal Community Foundation
The Foundation builds philanthropy in San Diego North Coastal communities by offering donors a wide variety of options for giving – establishing donor advised funds, building endowments, donating to existing funds or creating new funds to meet community needs. Learn more at www.coastalfoundation.org.
The Leichtag Foundation honors the legacy of Lee and Toni Leichtag through igniting and inspiring vibrant Jewish life, advancing self-sufficiency and stimulating social entrepreneurship in coastal North San Diego County and Jerusalem. Learn more at www.leichtag.org.
Rancho Santa Fe Foundation
Rancho Santa Fe Foundation connects donors with regional and global needs through visionary community leadership, personalized service and effective grantmaking. For over 35 years, RSF Foundation has provided a high level of service by developing personal relationships with our donors, providing exceptional stewardship of the funds invested with us and addressing needs in the community.