In May 2015, the RSF Women’s Fund awarded grants totaling $254,000 to seven nonprofit programs in San Diego County. The grants were awarded to nonprofits in the two focus areas of Military & Veteran’s Services, and Women’s Services.
Military & Veteran’s Services
- Armed Services YMCA Camp Pendleton – $41,000. The Mommy & Me preschool program is expanding to the Mottino Family YMCA in Oceanside to support families living off the base.
- Southern Caregiver Resource Center – $45,000. Operation Family Caregiver will hire a full-time clinician.
- Veterans Association of North County – $43,000. The Career Transition Assistance Program provides free support for transitioning military service members to civilian jobs. The program will hire additional staff.
- Just in Time for Foster Youth – $25,000. The Financial Horizons for Young Women program will expand in North County. Sixteen North County young women will have access to two Just in Time programs, Career Horizons for Young Women and Financial Fitness, that focus on self-development and career guidance.
- Mama’s Kitchen – $25,000. The Breast Cancer Outreach Project provides nutritious meals to San Diego women and their families.
- San Diego Public Library Foundation – $25,000. The new Aware program helps sex-trafficking victims and at-risk youth at six local libraries. The program will train front-line staff and the library’s teen council.
- San Diego Rescue Mission – $50,000. The new Transitional Housing Program expands transitional housing to women with children.